TALE – Transport and Logistical Efficiencies was a business support programme part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). It aimed to improve efficiency and productivity in the logistics sector and its supply chain through supporting businesses to digitalise and better understand their data. Managed by the Haven Gateway Partnership, it also drew on expertise from the University of Essex for data analytics and the University of Kent for cyber security. The programme helped to encourage efficiencies and profitablity through digitalisation, reviewing operations, reviewing cyber security and sustainability. TALE covered a wide area including Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Kent and East Sussex.
- 355 Businesses supported through the diagnostic, grant, workshop, webinar and events programme
- 181 Businesses benefited from a grant which most often saw improvements to operations and processes through digitalisation.
- 136 businesses created a new to firm product or service as a result of the support from TALE.
- At least 116 FTE new jobs were created and at least another 88 FTE jobs safeguarded
- Impacts from the evalation included 83% improving productivity, 37% reducing operational costs, and 36% improving robustness.
- The evaluation calculated that for every £1 spent in delivering TALE, £11.76 was created.